Railroad train on the beachfront, after line was broad-gauged.
Depot and freight platform for the Southern Pacific Railroad and San Juan Pacific Railroad at Chittenden.
South Pacific Coast train in front of the Mission Street tunnel. The South Pacific Coast Railroad Passenger depot was located on Cherry Street (later called Chestnut Street) next to the tunnel . In the next street over, Park, was the Santa Cruz…
Unidentified wharf with railroad tracks. Railroad Wharf? Cowell's Wharf?
Designed by J. W. Newcum, the "Octagon" served Santa Cruz County for 86 years as its Hall of Records, at the southwest corner of Front and Cooper Streets.
The First Congregational Church, Center and Lincoln Streets, was designed by Warren H. Hayes in the Richardsonian Romanesque style and erected in 1890.
Charles E. Towne Groceries and Provisions, Poultry and Grain. While this image is earlier, the business was still in existence in 1902, when Santa Cruz City Directory listed Charles E. Towne as a grocer on 154 Pacific Avenue. Pictured are: (from…
Train leaving Zayante Inn.
Train at the Southern Pacific depot in Brookdale. The town was laid out in 1900 by Judge Logan and originally called Clear Creek. When the post office was established in 1902, the name was changed to Brookdale.
Southern Pacific's Number 2520, on Beach Street. It is passing under the arched bridge that connected the Casa del Rey and the Casino.