Hotel Don Rafael de Castro / Rio del Mar Country Club Inn

In 1929, the Hotel Don Rafael de Castro was built on the cliffs overlooking the Monterey Bay. It was expanded in 1936 and changed its name to Rio del Mar Country Club Inn. The night of March 17, 1963, it burned to the ground.

Source of information

Caption on photo "Club Rio del Mar"
Date: 1930s
Type: PHOTO
Coverage:
  • Rio del Mar
  • 1930s
Rights: This photograph/postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-0191

Citation

“Hotel Don Rafael de Castro / Rio del Mar Country Club Inn.” 1930s. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/9455. Accessed 10 Dec. 2019.