A side view of Sea Beach Hotel

A side view of Sea Beach Hotel, then the premier hotel of Beach Hill. Originally built by Thomas V. Johnson in the 1870's, it was sold to A.H. Douglas in 1883, then to D.K. Abeel in 1887. The hotel was expanded to 170 rooms and became known throughout the state. It burned on June 12, 1912.

Source of information: Koch p. 201
Date: Undated
Type: PHOTO
Coverage: Santa Cruz (City)
Rights: This photograph/postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-0141

Citation

“A side view of Sea Beach Hotel.” SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/9406. Accessed 27 Nov. 2020.