Santa Cruz City Municipal Wharf is to the left with the older railroad wharf to the right

Santa Cruz City Municipal Wharf, built in 1914, is to the left with the older railroad wharf to the right. The sign on the lower left reads, "New Municipal Wharf Building Here. 1/2 Mile Long." Once the new wharf was constructed, the railroad lines were shifted to the Municpal Wharf.

Source of information: Label on back of photo

Article on this website, see link below.
Date: 1914
Type: PHOTO
Coverage:
  • Santa Cruz (City)
  • 1910s
Rights: This photograph/postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-0102

Citation

“Santa Cruz City Municipal Wharf is to the left with the older railroad wharf to the right.” 1914. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/9367. Accessed 8 Feb. 2023.