The present (1999) Municipal Wharf was built in 1914 and was the fifth wharf to be built in the harbor. It was approved with a $172,000 bond issue, following an Act of Congress. The wharf was originally 2,745 feet long and was officially dedicated on December 5, 1914. The SS Roanoke from San Francisco was present at the time and was the first vessel to dock at the wharf.
- Chase, John. Sidewalk Companion to Santa Cruz Architecture. c.1975. p. 18.
- Koch, Margaret Koch. Santa Cruz County Parade of the Past. c.1973, p.56.
- Notes on the History of Wharves at Santa Cruz, California.
By Frank Perry, Barry Brown, Rick Hyman, and Stanley D. Stevens.
Coverage: Santa Cruz (City)
“Municipal Wharf.” Chase, John. Sidewalk Companion to Santa Cruz Architecture. c.1975. p. 18. 1914-12-05. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/11103. Accessed 13 Dec. 2018.