The Vue de l'eau streetcar station

The Vue de l'eau streetcar station. Vue de l'eau was located on the cliffs at the end of Garfield Avenue (now Woodrow Avenue). Built by the Santa Cruz, Garfield Park and Capitola Electric Railway in 1891, it provided superb ocean views while also serving as a trolley depot. It burned down in 1925.

Source of information: McCaleb pp. 39-41

Clark p. 389
Date: ca. 1890's
Type: PHOTO
Coverage:
  • Santa Cruz (City)
  • 1890s
Rights: This photograph/postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-0086

Citation

“The Vue de l'eau streetcar station.” ca. 1890's. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/9351. Accessed 7 Dec. 2019.