Aftermath of the May 1899 fire

The aftermath of the May 1899 fire. It completely destroyed the Town Clock that had been part of the tower of the IOOF (International Order of Odd Fellows ) building from its construction in 1873. The Town Clock was rebuilt the same year and stood on this location until 1964.

Source of information: Jerry Ochoa

Article on this Website, see below.
Date: 1899
Type: PHOTO
Coverage:
  • Santa Cruz (City)
  • 1890s
Rights: This photograph is courtesy of the Santa Cruz City Firefighters' Union.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-SCCFU-11

Citation

“Aftermath of the May 1899 fire.” 1899. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/10091. Accessed 22 Feb. 2020.