Garfield Park Christian Church

The building on the far right is the Garfield Park Christian Church on Errett Circle. It served as a church from 1935 until 1958, when a new church was dedicated. The new church was located across the street, on the site where the 1890 Tabernacle had once stood. The Tabernacle was built by the Disciples of Christ who developed the west side of Santa Cruz for their annual meetings. They named the area Garfield Park, after President James Garfield.

Source of information: Article on this Website

see link below.
Date: Undated
Type: PHOTO
Coverage: Santa Cruz (City)
Rights: This photograph is the property of the Rev. Ed Muegee.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-em01

Citation

“Garfield Park Christian Church.” SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/9939. Accessed 27 Nov. 2020.