Demolition of the Main (Carnegie) Library

Demolition of the Main Library, also called the Carnegie Library, on September 13, 1966. The Library, which had opened in 1904, was torn down to make way for the construction of the Central Branch Library.

Source of information: Staff
Date: 1966
Type: PHOTO
Coverage:
  • Santa Cruz (City)
  • 1960s
Rights: This photograph/postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-0648

Citation

“Demolition of the Main (Carnegie) Library.” 1966. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/9829. Accessed 6 June 2020.