Interior of the Carnegie Library

View of the hall downstairs in the Carnegie Library, showing the crowded conditions. The Carnegie, or Main, Library was opened in 1904 and was demolished in 1966 to make way for a new, larger library.

Source of information: Notes on back of photo

Staff.
Date: Prior to September 1966
Type: PHOTO
Coverage:
  • Santa Cruz (City)
  • 1960s
Rights: This photograph/postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-0619

Citation

“Interior of the Carnegie Library.” Prior to September 1966. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/9808. Accessed 12 June 2024.