Cliffs and waves at Vue de l'eau

View of cliffs and waves at the Vue de l'eau streetcar station, on the cliffs at the end of Garfield Avenue (now Woodrow Avenue). The station was built by the Santa Cruz, Garfield Park and Capitola Electric Railway in 1891. The Norris and Rowe circus bought Vue de l'eau and six surrounding acres in 1905 for use as winter quarters. The station burned down in 1925.

Source of information: Notes on back of photo

McCaleb pp. 39-41

Clark p. 389
Date: ca. 1913
  • Santa Cruz (City)
  • 1910s
Rights: This photograph/postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-0482


“Cliffs and waves at Vue de l'eau.” ca. 1913. SCPL Local History. Accessed 28 Sep. 2023.