Vue de L'eau streetcar station

People on the porch of the Vue de L'eau streetcar station, on the cliffs at the end of Garfield Avenue (now Woodrow Avenue). An electric streetcar is visible behind the station. The station was established in 1891 as an "observatory, cliff house, waiting station and depot" (Clark. p. 389) to promote the Santa Cruz, Garfield Park and Capitola Electric Railway streetcar line.

Source of information: Notes on back of photo

McCaleb pp. 39-41

Clark p. 389
Date: ca. 1894
Type: PHOTO
Coverage:
  • Santa Cruz (City)
  • 1890s
Rights: This photograph/postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-0424

Citation

“Vue de L'eau streetcar station.” ca. 1894. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/9653. Accessed 21 July 2024.