Cooper House

Cooper House in perspective. It served Santa Cruz as its County Courthouse. The land for the Courthouse was donated by the Moores and the Coopers, on condition that the entrance would be on Cooper Street. It was built in 1894. Designed by N.A. Comstock and constructed by Thomas Beck, it is known for its Richardsonian Romanesque Revival style.

110 Cooper Street

Source of information: Chase pp. 197--199
Date: Undated
Type: PHOTO
Coverage: Santa Cruz (City)
Rights: This photograph/postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-0120

Citation

“Cooper House.” SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/9385. Accessed 22 Feb. 2024.