The first Santa Cruz Carnegie Library (1904-1966)

The first Santa Cruz Carnegie Library (1904-1966), also known as the Main Library. It was designed by William H. Weeks. Andrew Carnegie donated a grant of $20,000 towards its construction. On the left is the Frederick A. Hihn Mansion which, at one time, served as the Santa Cruz City Hall.

Source of information: Articles on this website, see links below

Chase p. 65
Date: Undated
Type: PHOTO
Coverage: Santa Cruz (City)
Rights: This photograph/postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-0055

Citation

“The first Santa Cruz Carnegie Library (1904-1966).” SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/9320. Accessed 30 Nov. 2022.