Molino Junction, Molino Timber Company

Shipping station and receiving point for the Molino Timber Company at Molino (Junction), on a branch of the Southern Pacific. The Molino Timber Company was incorporated in 1911 as a subcontracting company of the Loma Prieta Lumber Company. Molino used 30-inch narrow gauge cars to transport their lumber. These narrow gauge cars used the smaller rail seen between the standard rails of the left-hand track. The trestle on the far right led to the Loma Prieta Company's sawmill.

Source of information: Notes on front of photo

Powell pp. 129,134I,134J

Hamman p. 65

At Molino (Santa Cruz Mountains, Loma Prieta area, 3 miles from Aptos), in what became Forest of Nisene Marks State Park
Date: ca. 1915
Type: PHOTO
Coverage:
  • 1910s
  • Santa Cruz (County)
Rights: This photograph/postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-0050

Citation

“Molino Junction, Molino Timber Company.” ca. 1915. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/9315. Accessed 1 Mar. 2024.