Rocky Falls Farm, Los Gatos Road

Notes on back: Rocky Falls Farm was on the Santa Cruz-Los Gatos Road, south of Scotts Valley.

It was a chicken ranch owned by Fred R. Welcome and his wife Minnie Warner Welcome, about 1914 to the 1920's.

Now (1972) the home is part of the clubhouse of the Loyal Order of Moose.

Circa 1890 it was a dairy ranch established by George Shippy.
Source:
  • Marion Pokriots
  • Copy of a photo from UCSC Special Collections
Date: Circa 1912
Type: PHOTO
Coverage:
  • Scotts Valley
  • 1910s
Rights: The original photo is the property of UCSC Special Collections. This copy is the property of the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History at the McPherson Center.
Identifier: LH-mah-pok-011

Citation

“Rocky Falls Farm, Los Gatos Road.” Marion Pokriots. Circa 1912. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/135257. Accessed 17 Sep. 2021.