West Cliff bridge

The West Cliff bridge was built in 1918 by the Southern Pacific Railroad over its tracks near Washington and Beach Streets. The wooden bridge is 62 feet long and was constructed using the 1840 truss design patented by William Howe.

Source of information: Staff

Sentinel. 11/15/1991, 7/12/1994

Mercury. May 24, 1995.
Date: 1992
Type: PHOTO
Coverage:
  • Santa Cruz (City)
  • 1990s
Rights: This photograph is courtesy of the City of Santa Cruz Graham Hill Water Treatment Plant.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-WD-024

Citation

“West Cliff bridge.” 1992. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/10689. Accessed 29 May 2024.