Castle at Castle Beach (Seabright Beach)

The Castle at Castle Beach (Seabright Beach), at the foot of Pilkington, Mott and Cypress Streets. The Castle was built as a bathhouse by James Pilkington in 1899-1900. When Conrad Scholl took over the business in 1918, the Castle became known as the Scholl-Mar Castle. In the 1940's, it was a restaurant called the Casa del Mar. By the 1950's and until it was demolished (March 24, 1967), the Castle was used as an art gallery.

Source of information: Clark. p. 67.
Date: 1950's
Type: PHOTO
Coverage:
  • Santa Cruz (City)
  • 1950s
Rights: This photograph is courtesy of the Santa Cruz City Museum of Natural History.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: LH-SCM090

Related Articles

Citation

“Castle at Castle Beach (Seabright Beach).” 1950's. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/10205. Accessed 15 Dec. 2019.