The Plunge on the Boardwalk

Built in 1907, the Plunge was one of the largest of its type of the West Coast. Filled with heated sea water, the facility was operated until 1963, when it was converted into a miniature golf course. Printed on the front of the card, "The Plunge on the Boardwalk Santa Cruz, Calif."


From Back: "A large salt water plunge on the Boardwalk at the beach is enjoyed annually by thousands of people."
Source: Sally Coen Heumann; donated by Jules Heumann
Date: Undated
Type: POSTCARD
Coverage: Santa Cruz (City)
Rights: This postcard is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.
Identifier: PC-V4-052

Collection

Citation

“The Plunge on the Boardwalk.” Sally Coen Heumann; donated by Jules Heumann. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/4297. Accessed 17 Oct. 2019.