ROBINA PSEUDOACOCIA (Black Locust)

119 Plymouth Street

"In 1848 the family of George Anthony (brother of Elihu Anthony, the first Methodist minister in Santa Cruz) crossed the plains and settled in this city on the acreage between what is now the Grant School and the county hospital. They brought seeds of many trees. The boys planted various fruit trees and the daughter planted seeds of the white locust now standing at 119 Plymouth Street.
Creator: Wilson, Albert
Source: Distinctive Plant Specimens of Santa Cruz Gardens: Observations of Tour
Date: November 19 1937
Type: CARD
Coverage:
  • Santa Cruz (City)
  • 1930s
Rights: This material is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries.

Restrictions on Use
Identifier: HG-ps-103

Citation

Wilson, Albert. “ROBINA PSEUDOACOCIA (Black Locust).” Distinctive Plant Specimens of Santa Cruz Gardens: Observations of Tour. November 19 1937. SCPL Local History. https://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/items/show/134215. Accessed 24 May 2019.