Browse Items(43 total)

  • Tags: Public Works
SS-DeLanyj_04.jpg

Date: 1982
Source: De Lany, Jerry
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0016.jpg
Paving the Esplanade during the Rispin years.

Date: May, 1920
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0225.jpg
20-inch feed pipe is about to be laid along the entire length of Barrett Ranch (off River and Encinal) for the Santa Cruz city reservoir. Present are Fred Swanton, the mayor, with city officials, engineers and workers.

Date: 1930-03-01
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0261.jpg
A view of Loch Lomond, originally called Newell Lake, with the Newell Creek Dam in the background. Newell Creek was dammed in 1960-61 to form Loch Lomond Reservoir.

Date: 1962-05-16
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0555.jpg
Cooper Street during Pacific Avenue paving.

Date: May 1927
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/scm/SCM048.jpg
Santa Cruz Water Works. The sign over the gate reads, "Santa Cruz City Water Works. Risdon Iron Works Builders, San Franciso 1890. Commenced by City Council of 1888, Finished 1890. G. Bowman, Mayor W. Finkeldey, Chairman Water Commission."

Date: ca. 1890
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/scpl/scpl015.jpg
The River Street Sign as seen from River Street looking down River Street towards the mountains. The sign was approximately 36 feet long by 8 feet wide by 25.5 feet high. Designed by the San Francisco Architectural firm of Freedman, Tung and…

Date: March 2002
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/scpl/scpl016.jpg
The River Street Sign viewed from the intersection of River Street and Highway 1. It was bought and installed as part of a redevelopment project, but proved controversial. The City of Santa Cruz unsuccessfully offered the sign for sale on ebay in…

Date: March 2002
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/scpl/scpl017.jpg
View of the River Street Sign from River Street, looking towards Highway 1 and away from the San Lorenzo River. The sign read, "Welcome to River Street, Downtown Santa Cruz." The sign was manufactured by the Arrow Sign company of Oakland, CA. Its…

Date: March 2002
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/scpl/scpl057.jpg
Signs posted on Parks and Recreation Department door, after the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, informing employees to pick up their paychecks at the Louden Nelson Center.

Date: 1989
Type: PHOTO

Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2