Browse Items(713 total)

  • Subject is exactly "Lumbering"
http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0046.jpg
The Loma Prieta Lumber Company's motorcar #3 pushing a flatcar loaded with supplies from Molino to the base of the Molino Timber Company's incline. The Molino Timber Company was incorporated in 1911 as a subcontracting company of the Loma Prieta…

Date: Undated
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0050.jpg
Shipping station and receiving point for the Molino Timber Company at Molino (Junction), on a branch of the Southern Pacific. The Molino Timber Company was incorporated in 1911 as a subcontracting company of the Loma Prieta Lumber Company. Molino…

Date: ca. 1915
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0051.jpg
Ox teams hauling lumber.

Date: Undated
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0096.jpg
Grovers Mill. In 1861, three Grover brothers plus three other men established a lumber company called Grover and Company. They purchased land about two miles north of Soquel on Bates Creek and the area came to be known as Grovers Gulch. The company…

Date: Undated
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0124.jpg
Molino Timber Company's railroad in the Hinkley Basin area. The Molino Timber Company was incorporated in 1911 as a subcontracting company of the Loma Prieta Lumber Company. On the flatcar are two of the Molino Timber Company's directors, Al Williams…

Date: 1911-1918
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0125.jpg
Laurel bull donkey. A donkey was an engine used to hoist logs onto flatcars bound for the mill. Cables could be extended on spools run through the woods for a distance of up to several miles. In the Laurel area of the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Date: 1890's
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0127.jpg
A man on the top of a giant (redwood?) log.

Date: Undated
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/0000/0171.jpg
The tram at Waddell Beach, at the mouth of Waddell Creek. The settlement of Waddell was named for William White Waddell. In 1861, he built a sawmill, tramway, and wharf along the creek that was named for him. Waddell Beach became part of Big Basin…

Date: Undated
Type: PHOTO

http://history.santacruzpl.org/omeka/uploads/scm/SCM043.jpg
Lumbering engine.

Date: Early 1900's
Type: PHOTO

Date: 1900-12-07
Source: Santa Cruz Daily Surf 1900-12-07: page 4 column 3
Type: NEWS

Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2